MEHEM Conference 2020
Music Education Hubs from across the East Midlands (MEHEM) are organising an exciting conference for music educators, exploring Cultural Capital and the new Ofsted framework and featuring workshops from renowned industry professionals including Charanga, Royal Opera House & seminars from Department for Education and Arts Council England.
When: February 28, 2020 (Friday) - 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Where: Albert Hall Conference Centre, Nottingham NG1 5AA
For: School teachers and music educators in the East Midlands schools only
- Nottingham City schools who are members of Nottingham Schools Trust = £0
- Nottingham City schools with Music Mark or Music Hub Champion school status = £60
- Any other Nottingham City school = £80
Attendance will be charged prior to the conference by Lincolnshire Music Service. 1 FREE place per delegate for a member of their Senior Leadership Team to attend for the morning.
Bookings are being managed by the Lincolnshire Music Service. Please click here to reserve your spot now!
9.35am Dr Darren Henley OBE; Chief Executive Arts Council England
10.00am Performance by Jeneba and Aminata Kanneh-Mason
10.15am What can a school do to prepare for a subject inspection? Dr Jamie Clarke, Chief Executive Officer, Tove Learning Trust
11.15am Workshop Session 1 (further details can be viewed here)
- KS1: Springboards to Creative Music Making! Sue Nicholls
- Raising the bar! Helen MacGregor
- Musical Gems; Ju Birchall and Brigid Fraser
- Music, Communication & Connections in Early Childhood; Nicola Burke
- Create and Sing Programme; Camille Maalawy, Royal Opera House
- Integrating technology within your lessons; Ben Sellers
- Teaching Music Composition at GCSE and A-Level; Elizabeth Kelly
- KS3 Composition; Em Whitfield Brooks
- Dorico - more time for music; John Barron
12.30pm David Warden; Curriculum Implementation Unit: Humanities, Arts, Languages, and Most Able for Department for Education
1.30pm Performance by Boston Youth Jazz Orchestra
1.45pm Scott Stroman; a composer, conductor, performer and educator in jazz, classical and world music.
2.15pm Workshop Session 2 (please see here for workshop information)
Additional workshop for session 2: Fusion in the Classroom; Scott Stroman